what abt you?




CS3 has come up with new super simple looking icons.
Compare to the elegant and graceful CS2, these are more clean and recognizable
even though the colours are not as delightful as previous ones.
However there are no styles, doesn't really look they spent lots of time and had hard effort.
I read a lot of comments on the website about the new icons, most of people had negative opinions.
It's true that people want functional icons and they agree that the icons should have the name of the applications in it and Graphic icons grab the brains pattern recognition system easily.
Yet the fact they have the title "Adobe Design Premium CS3", they could have come out with better design , style and imege.

2 comments:

OwenN said...

Yes, I agree.. I recently installed CS3 applications and they aren't as easily identitable as the CS2. Maybe it's because I'm used to CS2, but I know it's also because I'm more of a visual person as we all are, and for example the Feather Icon for Photoshop is better than what they have now

oliver brooks said...

I disagree, I think the new ones have been updated and are more easily recognizable, they even display the name within the icon. The cs2 icons are sublte, yet boring. I believe the updated version works better and fits Adobe very well