Hot clothes for a cold city


The other day I passed by the Abercrombie and Fitch store, I've honestly never looked in or had the thought of EVER pass through my mind, but I was curious as to why a half naked man/boy was a greeter. Using sex on a whole new level to sell products to younger and younger men and women, the brand itself has chosen a reputation to whore most of the younger generation in order to sell "hip clothes".


I believe the brand use to hold more of an American Eagle image to it's name, however, in the past few years the brands has transformed itself into a more sexually driven clothing brand, with half naked buff men, holding sweaty women. To me the whole logo itself drives me back to mainly the half naked possibly bisexual man, wanting the attention of whoever is willing to give it. At least, at least in my opinion, is more a sexually diverse brand.

1 comment:

Dickson Wong said...

Extremely recomment this video made by madtv for Abercrombie and Fitch. It really gets the essence of this brand. Although the whole market strategy of this brand is like a joke, i can still understand why it's so successful. GUYS DO WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE SWEATY JOCKS ON THEIR POSTER. No wonder why the whole store smell like nothing but Deodorant.LOL

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3-WzqfbVHU