More Annoying than the Spence Diamonds Radio Guy

Head On, apply directly to the forehead. Head On, apply directly to the forehead. Head On, apply directly to the forehead.

Now I've got a headACHE.
The Spence Diamonds radio guy definitely has some stiff competition when it comes to the contest of which ad is most annoying.
If some of you have absolutely no clue what I am talking about, take a painful look. I apologize in advance if your eyes and ears begin to simultaneously bleed.


Now, you might be asking youself why I would waste my time writing about such a shiteous commercial but here is the golden reason...
I recently read an article on AdAge.com about the product entitled, "This ad will give you a headache but it sells."
Sales shot up 234% between 2005 and 2006 and are doubling in the first half of 2007.
I fail to recognize or understand how this repetitive blasphemy to creative people everywhere has achieved such astronomical sales in only one year.
If someone has the answer out there, anyone, please help me.

http://adage.com/article?article_id=120636

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have seen this commerical several times. I feel insulted by it, it is like a slap in the face. Now why would I used it if I can take an advil extra strength, than rub something I am not familiar with on my forehead. It seems to me that producers find ways to make money and create products. Disposable income is being wasted. At least thats what I think.