I hate you Rogers



Now that sure is a strong statement. However, considering that brand identity is supposed to help communicate the various facets found within each company, why was I caught standing in line to return 'Airplane' (starring Leslie Nielsen in his first non-dramatic role) for nearly 20 minutes while two guys were trying to sort out their new phone plans? I know there are dedicated Rogers Wireless kiosks, I've seen them and they have their own logo and trained staff. What I also know is that trying to cram too many services into one location degrades the quality of all of them. Leave the bad wireless integration to less classy establishments like 7/11 (which has a Virgin Mobile sponsorship plan, but that's another post).

Add to this the fact that the store in question failed to stock titles such as Kill Bill and Sin City, and trying to re-brand the Skydome (an excellent Toronto landmark) the Rogers Centre is simply arrogant and silly, I'm willing to say that the Rogers name has more strikes against it than I'd like (excuse the baseball pun).

I hate you, Ted Rogers.

1 comment:

brooke.t said...

That's so unfortunate, and I have to agree. I think that renaming the Sky Dome was one of the worst decisions for Toronto. It's an important landmark and changing the name takes away from it's history. I don't think I could ever call it the Roger's Centre. Rogers has definitely lost a lot of my respect.