o_O ....

There is really nothing special about this post, i just stumbled across this video and decided to share.



An ad campaign for LOUIS VUITTON by Mamoru Hosoda. an updated alice in wonderland, in which a girl, searching for her lost cell phone, floats in a dizzying world of the company’s logos. While waiting to meet her friends outside of a Louis Vuitton store, the girl's cell phone is eaten by the LV Panda, who then promptly swallows her - but the inside of his stomach is gateway to a psychadelic Louis Vuitton wonderland. This ad-cartoon has no particular function than to make the audience go "wow". But its a gorgeous example of "brand fusion" between fashion, graphic design, advertising, and illustration/animators. This is just a minor rebuttle of what was discussed in class last week about Graphic Designers/ illustrators working for Advertisers etc. Get out of this mind set cause its all about "fusion" between all feilds to create good designs.

1 comment:

sam said...

Interestingly, while watching this I couldn't help but comment how close the animation/art direction of this piece was to Kanye West's new album artwork. Turns out in the credits this was co-produced by the same person. Piece's like this sometimes go over my head, it was an interesting shot, but I couldn't help but wonder about the 13 year old kids that are watching this and projecting themselves into this dizzying world of $1000 handbags. I mean sure a brand can provide many comforts for people, and I am all for people using fashion as means to express themselves, maybe I'm just bitter the only thing I could afford at an LV store would be the paper price tag on the plastic coin purse (just the price tag, I'm not paying 200$ for something I would lose in a month). As a minor sidenote to last weeks discussion, I want to apologize to anyone I offended last week with my (joke) of a comment about graphic designers/industrial designers working for advertisers. It was ignorant and wrong. If anything we should be collaborating to help deliver effective brand communication to consumers. In an honest manner.