Compaq logo before vs after


Compaq has got a brand new look. The biggest change is the typeface, but nothing else has changed, they are even sticking to old corporate colour. Many people have expressed their dissatisfaction with the new design and comment that they are not familiar there is even a new one. But me, I prefer the new one. The old one was good as well, but I often thought that whenever I saw it, it was too ordinary to compare with other computer logos. I am still not totally used to the new one, but its appeal is growing on me. It has very unique concept on its new logo. The most important appeal is the change in the original “Q”. The italic “Q’ is changed to more rounded typeface and seems to be focused a lot. One of the purposes of using it was for its appearance on their laptop, like Sony and Apple have on theirs. That is more symbolic, futuristic, and sleek. It looks that they are trying to be more conceptual in a comparison to other computer companies and I hope this will work well for them. Change is always hard, but eventually we all get use to it.

No comments: