It was Better with You here.

"Dear A Brassard,

I'm writing to say that we are sorry to see you go. Even though you are no longer using Bell for your home phone service, we are still thinking about you. You were a valued member of our Bell family and we truly appreciate having been of service.

We would like the opportunity to earn your business back. Should you choose to come back to Bell, we will waive the reconnection fee. This is just one of the many special offers we have waiting for you."

I think it speaks for itself. But if most of you are not shocked by this, I'm (in this case) sorry. This is just a bad example of how a company, which really knows nothing about you, attempts to claim they really care and think about you. It'd be different if I was an employee and that I had worked at Bell for quite some time, or if I was a shareholder or some other more reasonable case---but fact is, I'm a Bell home phone client, one of many. I might have accepted some special offers without the "really I'm your bio-dad" attitude I got from this greeting card gimmick. It's not honest to pretend that a corporation is your friend when I'm sure they wouldn't even know my sex from reading my name. Bell, quit pretending, no one is buying it---at least I'm not. I think it hurts your image alot more than just being true to what you are in the first place.

2 comments:

SarahD said...

In my Ad Concept class we are working on a Bell case study, trying to save them from the depths of customer experience hell. Our goal is to do tons of research and create a strategy in pursuit of the ultimate customer service experience. You wouldn't believe the things customers have said about their service and Bell knows that they are suffering in this area.
If any of you have horrible past experiences with Bell or ideas for how they can treat us better please do share>>> advertisingistheidea@gmail.com

sam said...

I agree Arnaud, I think that in today's day and age, Companies need to be able to communicate honestly with customers. Imagine if instead of sending you a letter, they got someone to give you a call, and instead of reading from a script, they genuinely asked for your opinion? Granted at a call-center level, you'll have to pay a lot to get great customer service, but it can be done (look at Apple). Instead of trying to convince you why you should come back, the questions could focus on more why you left? And show that Bell is committed to improving their services.