Latest to Give In to the Cooper Black Craze


Applebees, to me, has always been one of those restaurants just like every other. There's very little distinction between Kelseys, TGI Fridays, Montanas, and the rest of them, all having roughly the same menu, prices, and crappy service. Their old, cheap logo has finally been put to rest, however, and Applebees has launched this. Personally I like the word mark much, much more, however there's something that irks me. Maybe it's the dull green? That hideous 2 tone apple (it reminds me of a woman with dark lip stick and light lip liner, and that is a very bad thing). They also seem to have subscribed to the new cooper black craze. While Payless Shoes got rid of their tired cooper black, Harveys had adopted it for their new and disappointing tag line "It's a beautiful thing". Applebees also is using it for their new tag line "Together is Good", replacing the title "Neighborhood Bar and Grill", and I actually kind of like it. Call me crazy. However, the main problem I see with this revamp is that the logo is still just as bland as the food they serve. If they're gonna revamp themselves i hope they started with the product and not the brand.

No comments: