Holy Gradients, Wacom!!!


Wacom decided to rebrand. A part of this was revamping their entire logo. As you can see above, it's..uh... pretty revamped. Personally, I'm partial to the new word mark over the old one (though I did always like the old one), but WHAT in the name of gradients is that..thing?! I've tried and failed at guessing what it's supposed to be. All I know is that it sports 10 gradients and is butt ugly, and so far as i can tell has no relation to the products they are selling. What I can't seem to figure out is why on earth a company that caters to artists and designers would go in this direction. The colorful new logo almost seems like something geared towards kids. Wacom makes amazing products, it's common knowledge, so why would they cheapen themselves with this? I dare you all to go to the new Wacom website and not laugh at the bouncing logo in the intro.

www.wacom.com

1 comment:

Arnaud Brassard said...

That's pretty bad. It seems too heavy and distracting from the word mark. Also, I don't even know what it's supposed to be, a bunch of short crayons? I will however applaud them with the new word mark as it feel alot more like their product. Thin rounded lines that remind you of tracing and using a pentool, etc as opposed to the "capcom" like wordmark of the past.

But come on, what are those dancing cones?!