Mighty Mike's becomes an Olive Branch.

So, I wish I could supply a picture of this event but I'm too late. A bar down my street (Near Dundas West & Bloor) has recently re-branded itself. It used to be a grungy cheap place to get a drink, where you'd find your typical local drunkard passed out at the entrance. This place was really bad. It did not make any effort to present itself worthy to its customers. And the typical clients there had scruffy beards, woar heavily worn leather jackets and swore every second word. I know I'm making some generalizations of this place but I just want to emphasize that it was a certain type of place.

Now, the same place has been renovated and has changed its name to the Olive Branch, a resto - bar. I walked passed it the other day and stopped... I couldn't believe that this transformation had happened so fast and that the switch was so drastically different. The funny thing is—even though this place is deemed higher class now, it still has it's local folk frequenting the bar. And that's it. It's just them. I wonder what they think about the whole change? I don't believe they will stop going there because that's the only place they have. So I have a feeling that the owners just disregarded the types of clients it had and tried to attract new ones in a marketting attempt that badly failed in my opinion.

I wish I could show you the signs, they were the best part!

No comments: