what are your colours?


What I consider might be one of the most influential branding systems of human history is the flag. It’s absolutely everywhere! Weather it’s just a mark, colour, or shape to some people it effecting your style of living or even how you identify yourself. It’s plastered over pretty much everything and everywhere. It is at every major sporting, political, celebrative event. With pride we show our colours of where we were born or raised.
It unites and separates. It’s these simple colours and shapes that defines our culture.

But despite that GO CANADA!

What are your colours?

1 comment:

Arnaud Brassard said...

Where's da bleu esti?

I agree with you, the simple and highly peaceful flag is one I don't mind showing off. It's effective in showing the true essence of Canada, or at least what it used to stand for. It must be weird to be the unfortunate victim of a canadian soldier in Afghanistan though and to see such a pretty flag. But politics aside, I think it is very strong in the international realm.

I do have an affinity for the american flag which I try to suppress and hide from my friends, but I find that it stands for strong ideas, or at least again it used to. The stripes and stars really stands out, and the pattern is wonderful.

Sometimes I wonder if the Canadian (or canadian for my french brothers) flag would be better with a bit of another colour. But understandly, because it is only one colour it makes the brand extremely minimalist and strong.