I couldn’t help but notice the new signage that has been put up outside Village by the Grange. I unfortunately can’t put my finger on what the sign looked like before, but the new one doesn’t quite do it for me either. It’s a blue sign with silver lettering. The mechanical feel of the type really does not convey an interior of yummy fast food restaurants. Rather it communicates a technological quality. I would much rather see something that’s inviting and alludes to the diverse types of food that are available inside. Something with warm colours and type that’s less harsh and more organic. It’s unfortunate because the Grange is directly across the street from an Art school and one might think they would use that to their advantage when they decided to create new signage.

1 comment:

Sabrina V said...

Not to mention, but this signage clashes with the gigantic sign facing east.