An awesome piece from Herb Lubalin


This is one of the amazing logo designs that have become to be one of my most favorite logos ever. Herb Lubalin, who is one of the best logo designers in the world, created this logo in 1965. This piece is awesome. It is the best logo because of its intelligence of finding the hidden meanings over and over. First when I saw this logo, I found the word “MOTHER” written in capitals and the exaggeration of the letter “O” inside the word. Second, I found a figure shaped as a fetus and realized that the “O” and the figure inside the circle of the letter reflect the figure of an expectant mother. It is the child inside the mother’s womb. When I found the hidden meaning and the over reflection of the blending of the words with the image, I was so impressed. The most amazing thing that overwhelmed me was when I found the image of a fetus was a modifier of a mark, “&” and the word “CHILD” in a small size inside the space of “&”. Finally, I realized this logo is named as “Mother and Child”. Overall, the logo includes all the aspects and values that are considered as the most key points while doing graphic design. I can see the hierarchy of each word, symbolic and iconic representation, a strong concept as each of the words themselves represent and the brand identity. For me, it is perfect and I don’t even think that I can find a fault with it.

1 comment:

brooke.t said...

i think the concept behind the design is brilliant as well. it's clearly well thought out and put together.