CiRCA



It seems like as soon as this club opened, it was all I heard about from friends, work colleagues and people at school. Circa has managed to unite the gay community and the very heterosexual Richmond entertainment district by offering events catering to both demographics, and themed rooms to suite every taste. It seems to already have a cult following as the next generation of nightclubs in Toronto, and it will be interesting to see how it fairs in the coming winter months.
If cover wasn't 20 dollars, I would have been already. I guess for now I'll have to be satisfied with everyone's crazy stories.

3 comments:

Wai Yuan said...

When I first heard about CiRCA I thought people were referring to the shoe company. If you ask me there is way too much of this kind of thing around here in Toronto and it's turning a lot of young kids into sluts and assholes. IF you ask me... since I've only been in the city since my entire life. Honestly the cost of having such districts to boost the economy in exchange for the morality of younger adults... I say the price is too high.
And I really don't want to live in a city where it's known for just the entertainment business. I don't prefer that "identity".

Carrie Liang said...

Business wise, I think CiRCA has done a very smart thing. Instead of just sticking to one aspect of the entertainment business, it has opened itself to greater market potential. By opening its doors to other types of art/entertainment businesses it will help spread the CiRCA brand thus allowing itself the ability to create a bigger clientelle, and also increase profits.

SarahD said...

There has been a lot of gay bashing at circa.
Infact two gay men even got beat up after leaving the club.You dont hear that in the press now do you?