Batboy Superman has Run out of Ideas!

This summer presented a rather interesting challenge to me. I had successfully managed to help one of my friends brand themselves, and dabbled into various corporate branding as well. I had finally decided it was time to do my website! Having the name mpiredesign.net parked for about 2 years now with nothing on it was starting to feel a tad shameful.

So, there I was, with a pad of paper and a pencil. I was ready to start jotting down my ideas. Little by little, that excitement diminished. After about 2 hours of near idleness, all I could salvage was a gigantic doodle of a teenage mutant ninja turtle attacking a horrendous mess of scribbles.

This eventually led to my question: How does someone who establishes identities create their own? It’s like the person creating batman’s vinyl costume. When they are done, do they create a similar one for themselves? Do they need to have a super secret identity that transcends that of even batman? Or do you just pick up the scraps of your superhero costumes and create a Frankenstein’s monster of a black caped blue leotard wearing mess of a costume? To this day, I still stare blankly at that dumb ninja turtle, for I know that it’s the closest I will get to creating my own identity any time soon.

No comments: