Handsome beauty?


This is a new commercial from Shiseido for their new series of lipstick “Maqillage”, which is a liquid base shinny lipstick. I found that their tag line “handsome beauty” happens to be the catchiest element in the commercial (not the girl unfortunately), at least for me. I forget when did this trend start, which when a girl dress up or act boyishly is considered to be cool. Obvious, this commercial want to take this idea and market this “Maqillage” lipstick as a must have item for having a cool look. The ironic thing is this shinny lipstick is going the opposite way of the idea of being handsome. In this commercial, the word “Handsome” seems like it means nothing but just another way to say “icy”. Anyway, I think this is clever enough to catch audiences’ attention. I think Shiseido did a pretty good job.

No comments: