Boooooooring...



My last blog entry was about us designers stepping out of our comfort zone and branching out to other creative venues to solve creative problems. Otherwise we will never see another creative breakthrough like the "Nike swoosh" logo. I am going to extend a little bit on that notion for this week. So as a continuation to my last blog entry, I want to publicly proclaim this fact and that is: I am creatively bored and unsatisfied. Everyday as i commute back and forth, i make it my duty to look around and notice designs around me. On the subway trains, TTC buses, Bus shelters, Billboards and even publications, I look to see if there will be something that will catch my attention enough for me to want to mimic that certain idea. Unfortunately, I find none. There is so much bad design out there that it makes me want to have everything corrected. And even if i do see some good designs, are they good enought to get recognition like the "CN" logo gets? No. They are all designs that have been done before. Lets do better folks.

1 comment:

Jiyoon Ahn said...

I always try to look and see many designs posted on the subway trains where I take everyday, and I often get disappointed with some of designs done badly. If they really want to catch people’s attention, some of designs should be made a push.