A letter to Sony


Photo caption: (Left) Apple Ipod Nano; (Right) Sony DSC-T2, which was released two days ago (24th Oct, 2007)

A picture is worth a thousand words. I don’t need to explain what happened in the poster. I just have little confession to make, specifically to Sony.

Dear Sony,

First of all, I must admit that I quite like you. I have ever since the age of 12, the very first time I bought one of your products: a cassette walkman (wow, what a successful brand name!) It was then I became one of your fans. I bought your MD Walkman, headphones, cell phone, television, computer, PS1/2, PSP…etc. Presently I am planning to buy the PS3 for this Christmas despite PS3 being badly marketed and expensive. I was wishing your Blue-ray would beat HD-DVD. I support you even though I am in such a hardcore apple-loved environment. You meant something in my childhood, you know? You represented elegance and high technology. It’s heart breaking for me to see you copying other company’s ideas—not only the product itself but the advertisement as well. Please tell me you didn’t intentionally to do this. You are Sony. You are not a small company from wherever. You are “Like.no.others” Sony. I hope this is just an isolated incidence and that it will not happen again. Promise me, okay?

With Love


Disappointed Sony lover, Dickson Wong

Detail: http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/25/apple-and-sony-like-peas-in-an-ipod/

4 comments:

Barbara Solomon said...

woah
great job noticing that
A+

Jiyoon Ahn said...

I really want to hear from Sony what is going.

areche said...

OMG!
what is sony advertisting group doing?
I personally think that even the ad looks the same but the choice of color shouldn't be excatly the same?! unless there is someone....

anyone said...

Haha...like the way you wrote this post.
Everything from the colours
to the photographic composition is smilar.
nope - they are in desperate cry for attention.
I am a Sony fan too :(