Dairy Queen, what the @%&!?

old



new


Umm ...What the hell happened?! I think there's something I'm missing here. Dairy Queen's new logo (which fortunately I haven't had the displeasure of actually seeing in a store) looks more dated (very 90's) than the old one. There really wasn't anything wrong with Dairy Queen's logo to begin with, so I really cant understand why they would make the decision to change it, spend large quantities of money in order to do so, and then settle on this pile of crap. The new logo brings nothing new to the table ... that is, unless you count the unnecessary typeface change and ugly swooshes (would you call them swooshes? it seems like the only name for them ... maybe speedlines? or wings? or large, deformed sprinkles?). Anyway, I hate to be completely subjective but, it's ugly and I hate it.

No comments: