Celebrity Brands



Looking for a GREAT BRANDING STRATEGY? Get a celebrity to lend you their name!
Celebrity names appearing on products - it's the trend that seems to keep growing day by day. No matter how bad the product however, it's proven that celebrities can sell it all: from sugary perfumes and edible cosmetics to umbrellas-ellas-eeeeeehh-eehs.
P.Diddy is one of the celebrities that's actually developed long lasting brands like his Sean John clothing line. I personally think that the branding was done very tastefully on this one and instead of just sticking celebrity name on a product, P Diddy has provided a very well positioned brand. To me when I see the clothes from the Sean John line they look representative of the urban hip-hop style while at the same time they look sophisticated. They use the ultimate luxury colour combination of black and gold on their website that seems to be worthy of the celebrity signature in their logo. I think that this brand has been successful because it didn't solely rely on celebrity's name but on the whole branding strategy behind it.
I read in yesterday's Metro that P Diddy's next project will be branding of vodka so let's keep an eye out for that one because he did proclaim "I am not just a celebrity endorser, I am a brand builder. I'm a luxury brand builder."

No comments: