Cheese-rific!

Today I went grocery shopping with my girlfriend and she bought Babybel. At first I was puzzled at what this was, but I remember seeing commercials as a child about these things. I started researching the company and the most coherent answers I could get came from a Wikipedia page. The company apparently made this as a more portal version of the Bonbel cheese in 1952! After all these years this cheese company is still alive and strong and the cheese itself is quite tasty. The brand itself seems to have stayed true to the red wax signature it first gave itself, showing that with time change is hard, but if the product doesn't decrease in quality, there should be no need for change. I believe any brand if given a chance to show the quality they can carry should be able to keep their initial logo and name like Coca Cola, or Apple.

2 comments:

Anthony Ong said...

Yea, i think Babybel has a very strong brand identity. I remember eating it as a child and that peeling off the red wax was always part of the experience and fun of eating the cheese.

Graphic Designer said...

I agree with what you said. Even though they used the simple idea of using the red wax, Babybel has made i memorable. I remember eating them t school for lunch and playing with the wax and building stuff out of them.