Brown Gets You "a" Job


These ads are beginning to annoy me, but it's difficult to state why. The ads for George Brown College are resurfacing with the same idea as last year: Brown Gets You the Job. I'm very confused by this statement because unfortunately, to me, once I hear brown I associate it with UPS. Is this an effective campaign? Also, "9 out of 10 grads are hired within 6 months." It's unfortunate for that 1 out of the 10 to not be able to find a job. Multiply that by 10 and 10 grads will be unemployed for 6 months. I'm not sure who to compare it to, but is this a good statistic? You can visit their website by clicking here.

1 comment:

Scott Baker said...

Not only are they the same as last years', but they're actually making less sense. If 'brown' gets you the job, why is everything around that guy yellow?

I think the biggest part of that statistic is 'what job?' I mean, nobody stays unemployed for long if they can help it, but how many grads actually get hired for what they studied in 6 months? How many flip burgers?