A Blunt Edge


I've been listening to 102.1 The Edge since I was a little kid. While in the last few years they seem stale and conservative compared to what I listen to these days, locally they're still the best on the air in my opinion, and the couple of radio announcers I've known would give their eye teeth to work there. The Edge kicks ass. That's why it pains me why their logo sucks so hard. I hate to be negative but for quite a while now I haven't been able to figure out why they don't hire someone to redesign their visual branding so it will at least match their audio imaging (imaging being the audio equivalent of branding, an example is what it sounds like when they announce the station name between songs). Their imaging is so strong yet their logo lacks any imagination. It's a terrible acid washed font in front of what always reminded me of a brick of cheese. Such an awesome station should not have a logo so ugly it's actually made for radio.

No comments: