uselessness ...




For those who have way too much money to spend or who wants to get robbed while walking down the streets, you might want to chack out iwhats new in Swarovski stores. Swarovski has came up with a new product line called "Active Crystals" which is in partnership with Phillips technologies. This line is composed of Swarovski designed USB keys and headphones, which I find pretty useless. But than again, Crystals in general are pretty useless cause they have no practical function besides being aesthetically beautiful (so i guess it works?)

However, I do find the partnership between the companies a bit odd, due to the fact that Swarovski usually only partners up with fashion houses like Gucci, DG etc. So maybe they are trying to branch off into another sector. But is it working? Would someone actually pay 200 dollars for a 1G USB key?

2 comments:

anyone said...

WOW...it is useless but there will always be people to spend their dollars on such useless things - Technology + Crystals = Practical + Nonpractical = cool. Phillips will probably gain recognition in new partnership with Swarovski..and vice versa. I think its innovative because its different, people will always be in tune with technology - to bling it up, is even better. It will be interesting to see how they market this campaign and what their sales are like.

At least its functional unlike 'Bling H20' water up there - now that's useless.

Graphic Designer said...

When I first saw your post I thought, what a useless thing. But as I kept reading the post I couldn't stop looking at the usb drives, their just so pretty and i want one but i don't really think I would buy a $200 drive when I can buy one for $80 at Future Shop.