Share your iPhone story



Click here to see the other ads.

I was just checking Apple’s website and I found that they have added 3 new ads to their iPhone section. Apple's first iPhone TV ads were simple, friendly, and informing. They featured close ups of fingers touching and manipulating the iPhone screen, in front of a black background. Now Apple has a new, more personal set of ads that feature users against black backdrops, telling anecdotal stories of how the iPhone changed their lives. This ad may have been a follow-up from Apple's “Share your iPhone story” campaign paid, where it encouraged new iPhone owners to call or send an email to share their experiences with the new phone.

When I first saw the new ads I noticed a startling feature – there are hardly any iPhones in the commercial at all! At first I thought it was a little weird, but after I thought about it for a while I realized that by now, everyone already knows what the iPhone does and what it looks like (or they should anyways). Why would they need to see it again? Instead Apple focuses on the user experience of the product. I think the Apple made a good effort to connect with its audience but still maintained a similar feel with its previous commercials. These new ads also do a good job of adding a face and a personality when describing the real advantages of owning an iPhone.

1 comment: