My Faves

I'm not quite sure how well Telus Mobility is doing right now, but I'm sure most of us have noticed thier whole "cute animal" advertising campaign is fantastic and has been with us for years. The most recent commercial they have put out has finally encouraged us to filter that long lists of contacts we have on our cell phones to just a selected few...the ones we actually communicate with. I do find it quite effective for them to communicate the act of speaking with only visuals (having used bubbles underwater to show conversation) accompanied by a simple, yet catchy song. I find it ironic that no other fish in the commercial seems to want to share the plan. Rogers has also followed suit by introducing their My5 plan. However, this is not new, because I've heard this idea first in the United States and it seems to have made it's way to Canada. I've also heard from others that it could be a hassle to change your favourite numbers. I'm wondering how phone companies benefit from this, because your contacts can also belong on another network. Does calling fewer numbers more frequently save them money?

No comments: