Stop Touching My iPod


Apple Computers has recently released the iPodtouch the stint predecessor of the iPhone. Maybe it's just me but I get the feeling Apple is hinting at something? It's almost as if Apple is saying, "Here you go Canada, something to keep you occupid until we feel like giving you the real thing!" The truth is even if you wanted to get your hands on an iPhone you couldn't find a single provider to use the "smudge screen" phone on. There are other options, you could go online and purchase an "unlocked" (for those who don't know, unlocked phones can be used with any service provider that offers a SIM card)iPhone, that is if you could afford the 300% mark-up price! Though I'm not here to promote such activity, I couldn't begin to understand why Apple would exclude Canadains from the release of the "smudge phone" it's simply bad business.

For me the impulse shopping opportunity to buy an iPhone has passed. Being sour about the hold back on the iPhone I'll just settle for a Samsung.

1 comment:

Wai Yuan said...

I believe the only reason the iPhone wasn't released in Canada because of the battle of which GSM provider was willing to pay more to be the exclusive service provider of the iPhone. I think the overwhelming hype and publicity Apple gave the iPhone, also branding it the next generation all in one device only strengthened the hunger within other countries that didn't have access to the iPhone. Wait for it though, it's supposed to be announced with Rogers Q4 2007, so end of this month to the holidays we should all see iPhones!!! =)