Old vs. New Kodak Logo


Recently I’ve been looking at digital cameras and I noticed that Kodak has a new logo. Actually the new logo was introduced earlier last year, but I never realized it because I don’t use traditional film anymore. Also, now whenever I look at digital cameras I mainly check out Canon, Nikon, and Sony. In my mind, I associate Kodak with conventional photographs, and the first image that pops in my head is the little yellow boxes of film. Although Kodak has started to make its way into the digital market, I still don’t connect it with cutting-edge digital technology.

The Kodak brand has been tied with conventional photographic film since it was introduced in 1885, and changing its image is proving to be a challenge. Furthermore, numerous other photography brands have a broader, more digital-friendly reputation.

Kodak’s new look moves its name out of the traditional yellow-box logo in favour of a simpler more contemporary design. The new logo also features a new typeface with more streamlined rounded letters. I think Kodak is taking a step in the right direction in trying to change people’s perception through its logo. What do you think of the new look? Does it successfully move the brand into a new era?

No comments: