The Ultimate Gift?


As we were growing up, we hear murmurs from young adult women refer to something as the “ultimate gift”. So what is this ultimate gift? I have asked many female friends and their response was a wedding ring, so I asked what’s secondary to a wedding ring? Eight out of Ten ladies say a piece from the renowned Tiffany & Co.

I’ve recently received such an extravagant gift from a couple of friends for my birthday. Shocked and amazed when being presented the little blue bag. I reached down into the bag and slowly pulled out the little blue box. Boy, it was little but, who knows what could be inside, as Tiffany creates so many great things that the old saying "big things comes in little packages" holds true where Tiffany is concerned.

As the little blue box slowly emerges out of the bag, I slowly I slipped off the ribbon, opened the box and I was met with a little piece of cotton, cut perfectly square. Dare I pick up the cotton? I hesitated for a couple of seconds still shocked from the idea of how 2 college students can afford to give such a gift while supporting themselves. A silver pendent and chain was revealed beneath the cotton square.

You see, the point of sharing this story is because Tiffany is NOT about what's inside, it's all about "anticipation" of what "could be" inside. I believe this is how they market themselves (to both genders) and not through quality/design because if you analyze the workmanship or design of the jewelry you can see it is WAY overpriced for what it’s really worth. But in the end, I think it’s a smart strategy to brand its products to those who have more money than they should have because it seems society has conformed to Tiffany as the “ultimate gift”.

No comments: