The Best Medicine



My girlfriend and I are currently ill. Earlier this week she requested that I pick up some Vick's NyQuil LiquiCaps from the store. Upon entering the pharmacy, I was met with big, inviting display of Buckley's Mixture and I really thought I should buy it instead.

See, I've always appreciated Buckley's brand positioning as the bad-tasting, hard-working medicine maker. I think their tagline, "It tastes awful. And it works." is smart and succinct. I think many of their advertising slogans are just as successful. And I was intrigued when I first saw their 'Bad Taste Face' advertisements on television. Plus, the Buckley's ad in the store read "The #1 Selling Cough Syrup in Canada." Surely, we ice-and-snow dwellers must know a little something about dealing with troublesome coughs and colds.

In the end, I purchased the NyQuil LiquiCaps. And the DayQuil LiquiCaps for good measure. Sure, I was ill, tired, and cranky, but I wasn't so far gone that I didn't realize the potential danger of upsetting an equally ill, tired, and cranky girlfriend.

And what did I learn? Keeping a girlfriend happy is the best medicine.

No comments: