Branding

I come to sudden realizatoin that everthing around me is branded. What I eat, drink, wear, write with, write on, listen to, toilet bowl, door knob, floor matt, my back pack, laptop, wallet, Candian money, key chain, soap, hair brush, shampoo, where I work out, school, internet service, phone, paint on my wall, and so on.. I'm covered with brands. In my definition, brand is a name. With all the names attached to my life, there is a thought only name I have for myself is my own name ( even which is given by my parents). And I came to re-think about my life goal as a designer (artist). What I'm trying to show, what I create will in someway represent myslef. Even if the design is for someone else, It is created by my hand, and has some sort of my insight into it, which are, in someway, representation of me ( work that has my name on it). My actions, someone else's brands I have chosen to wear will also contribute to my brand. How I live my life, is a practice of brand developing: Brand of Je Jun.

1 comment:

Barbara Solomon said...

I actually was just thinking the exact same thing
i'm surrounded my branded designed things
think about it
EVERYTHING is designed
by someone...
weird eh