The ups and downs of Theatre


I recently went to see Cats at the Princess of Wales Theatre. I must say that I'm not one to be disappointed with productions, however this one bit the dust. I found it to be dull and boring and lacking a complete story line (not to mention I couldn't undertand a thing these cats were singing). Theatres have been a social branding for people for hundreds of years. Although it is now accessible, it used to be strictly for the wealthy. I must say that having seen a lot of plays, I was thouroughly disappointed. This forced me to read into theatre branding and understand the relevance of promotions for productions and comprehend the work put in to such a play. People, I found, were often labelled/branded for having seen plays and/or attending the theatre as opposed to people who have never been.

No comments: